PAVE & FMCSA’s Tech-Celerate Now Team present “Automation and Trucking: What Fleets Need to Know”
Automated driving technologies are creating unprecedented changes on our roads and highways, and trucks are in the thick of this new frontier.
Fleet owners and operators are invited to prepare for this challenge in the “What Fleets Need to Know” workshop. The virtual workshop is hosted by FMCSA’s Tech-Celerate Now team, which consists of leading trucking industry experts, and PAVE, a nonprofit group of AV industry leaders aimed at educating the public on automated vehicle technology. The 90-minute workshop will include leading voices in advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and automation to provide practical, actionable information for fleet owners and operators. The speakers — including truckers, academics, and industry experts — will engage in lectures, panel discussions, testimonials and Q&A sessions to discuss how automated driving and ADAS technologies work, why they benefit drivers, and how they impact a fleet’s bottom line.
- Welcome from PAVE & the FMCSA Tech-Celerate Now team
- ADAS for Trucks: Issues & Opportunities
- Matt Camden, Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI)
- Kevin Grove, Human Machine Innovations, LLC (formerly VTTI)
- Andrew Smart, Stantec GenerationAV™
- Tom Weakley, Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA)
- Moderator: Dan Murray, American Transportation Research Institute (ATRI)
- Secondary Benefits
- Andrea Dickinson, Amwins Insurance Brokerage – Tennessee
- Rob Moseley, Moseley Marcinak Law Group
- Moderator: Tabitha Colter, Partners for Automated Vehicle Education (PAVE)
- Audience Q&A
The participation of the U.S. Department of Transportation in this webinar does not constitute an endorsement of speaker content or PAVE.