TRB Pedestrians and Autonomous Vehicle Interactions Subcommittee
The TRB 100th Annual Meeting, originally scheduled to take place in Washington, D.C., will be conducted as a virtual event over a series of dates throughout January 2021. The meeting program will cover all transportation modes, addressing topics of interest to policy makers, administrators, practitioners, researchers, and representatives of government, industry, and academic institutions. A number of sessions and workshops will focus on the spotlight theme for the 2021 meeting: Launching a New Century of Mobility and Quality of Life. This year’s meeting also will feature dozens of sessions on how COVID-19 has impacted transportation and how transportation professionals and researchers are responding.
Tara Andringa, Executive Director of PAVE, will be presenting an update on PAVE activities related to pedestrians and AVs as part of the Pedestrians and Autonomous Vehicle Interactions Subcommittee meeting on Tuesday, January 5th from 12-1:30pm.
Other presenters include:
- Jeff Kupko, Senior Associate, Michael Baker Int’l: Autonomous shuttle deployment
- Peter Koonce, Division Manager, City of Portland: Pedestrian safety & advanced signal timing
- Andy Alden, Sr Research Associate, VTTI: Curbside Management and Pedestrian Safety
- Michael Clamann, UNC HSRC: Sidewalk robots – overview, policy & implications
- Alice Grossman, AAAS Science and Technology Policy Fellow, NOAA: Highlights from LSAV TCRP report
- Justin Owens, Research Scientist, VTTI: VRU Safety Messaging Project (BTSCRP)
- Kevin Schlosser, President, DC Autonomous Vehicles Association: VRU-related highlights from AVS 2020
You can browse the full 2021 program, register, get full details on sessions, workshops and committee meetings, via the Online Program.