AUSTIN – Partners for Automated Vehicle Education will host an exhibit titled “The Road to Autonomy” at SXSW 2020 in Austin, Texas, to highlight the present and future of automated vehicle technology. The exhibit will feature interactive displays designed to help demystify AV technology and highlight the potential benefits of those technologies. The two-day event is free and open to the public.
The exhibit, which is cosponsored by the City of Austin and the U.S. Department of Transportation, will be on Electric Drive along Sand Beach Park, one mile from the Austin Convention Center. SXSW credentials are not required for attendance.
The exhibit will highlight AV developments in the areas of safety, navigation, trucking, education, mobility, and vehicle design. As visitors proceed down the “Road to Autonomy,” they will experience interactive exhibits including:
- Automated vehicles that showcase how different companies are approaching AV technology;
- A LIDAR simulator that uses virtual reality to demonstrate how vehicles use laser light to enable automated driving;
- A road mapping platform for cities to help ensure automated vehicles have accurate map data;
- An app that helps prevent collisions between pedestrians and connected cars; and
- Advocacy groups working to create new mobility options for those who cannot currently operate a vehicle.
Organizations scheduled to provide exhibits include: AARP, Aurora, BlackBerry, Consumer Reports, Cruise, !important, INRIX, Lyft, National Council on Aging, National Safety Council, Nuro, PAVE, Penske, United Spinal Association, Velodyne Lidar, Voyage, and Waymo.
Visitors can take a free shuttle from the convention center to Sand Beach Park every 10 minutes between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. PAVE member Lyft will also provide scooters and bicycles for travel between the convention center and the park.
PAVE hosts “The Road to Autonomy” exhibit at SXSW
March 16-17, 2020, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Electric Drive along Sand Beach Park, Austin, Texas
For additional information, follow #RoadToAutonomySXSW on social media.