Partners for Automated Vehicle Education (PAVE) is a not-for-profit coalition whose mission is to educate the public about the benefits of fully driverless technologies, including improvements to safety, mobility, efficiency, and sustainability. PAVE launched in the U.S. in 2019, and the coalition has grown to include more than 80 members. PAVE is excited to now help launch PAVE Europe.
About PAVE Europe
PAVE Europe is an independent sister organization to PAVE in North America, focused on specific European challenges related to automated vehicles. It is expected to be operational within Q1 2022.PAVE Europe is looking for a Director (or Interim Director) who will supervise the final steps launching the association, develop the group of members, and plan the first activities. The Director will closely work with PAVE in North America and the Founding Members of PAVE Europe, and will report to the Board of PAVE Europe.
Key activities of the PAVE Europe Director
The role of the Director will evolve along with the development of the association. Three key tasks will be consistent throughout the journey:
- Management: Develop relationships with existing PAVE Europe members, deliver day-to-day administrative tasks of a non-profit organization, create necessary documents (presentations, reports, contracts etc), and design and implement internal processes.
- Business development: Acquire new members and leverage the pipeline of prospective members. This includes representing PAVE Europe at industry events, creating proposals, and leveraging the network of existing European members.
- Delivery: PAVE’s educational activities involve communication. This includes managing the development of articles, media posts, white papers, research, webinar, conferences, etc. The Director is also expected to manage live activities, such as demonstration events, town halls, and conference appearances.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: PAVE Europe is at the beginning of its journey. The Director is expected to act autonomously to manage and develop the association. The Director will show creativity to help drive the organization’s growth.
- Communication: The Director will interact comfortably with a diversity of stakeholders, including senior executives from corporations and startups, academics and entrepreneurs, and governmental stakeholders.
- Sales and business development: The Director will represent the organization at events and conferences, build relationships across industries, and acquire new members.
- Multitask: The Director needs to handle diverse activities simultaneously and independently. Prioritization is key.
- Experience in policy and communication
- Good understanding of start-up / entrepreneurial environments
- Advanced degree or equivalent. PhD or MBA preferred
- Fluent in English. Additional European languages a big plus.
- Passion and expertise in mobility, automated vehicle technology, or relevant fields
Interested individuals are requested to send their CV to [email protected]