PAVE Europe/ReMo Virtual Panel “How Regulatory Sandboxing Can Accelerate CCAM: International Experiences and Best Practices”
In partnership with PAVE Europe, the Coalition for Reimagined Mobility (ReMo), will host a webinar to discuss the role regulatory sandboxing can play in developing iterative and flexible policy for Cooperative, Connected, and Automated Mobility (CCAM) deployment, by looking at examples and best practices from around the world.
Regulatory sandboxing is a globally recognized structured framework to pilot emerging technologies in the real world, in a controlled regulatory environment. It provides the ability to learn about the opportunities and risks that a particular innovation carries and how to best develop the right regulatory environment to accommodate it.
Mobility-sector specific sandboxing is a proven way to accelerate the safe testing of new transportation technologies including shared autonomous vehicles (SAVs) and urban air mobility concepts like electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) for last-mile logistics.
Featuring a panel of experts from across the globe, this session will explore what has worked, best practices, and the solutions needed to accelerate CCAM development and deployment.
Dr. Kim Watts, Program Manager, Passenger Transportation, Coalition for Reimagined Mobility
- Asma Al Nabouda – Director, Regulations Lab, General Secretariat of the Cabinet, United Arab Emirates
- Pedro Manzano Lancho – Associate Director Strategic Consulting, Jacobs
- Nathalie Teer – Strategic Affairs Lead, EasyMile
- Benno Nager, Lawyer & Project Manager, Intelligent Transport Systems Innovation, Federal Roads Office, Switzerland
- Niels De Boer, Senior Programme Director, Centre of Excellence for Testing & Research of Autonomous Vehicles, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore